Welcome to Matthew Wallengren, DDS, for professional, advanced dental care in a setting that “feels like home.”
As with most sizable cities, you have a choice in Baltimore when it comes to your dental care. From our office in Roland Park at Matthew Wallengren, DDS, we differentiate ourselves from other dental practices through compassion, knowledge, and skill.
While you can trust our experience and expertise, we are not impersonal. We think of our team and our patients as one large family. After all, our smiles’ health and beauty depend on consistent dentist visits. Even the best oral hygiene techniques and products at home cannot possibly remove all of the bacteria and other substances that contribute to the two leading causes of tooth loss: dental decay and periodontal (gum) disease. This is where dental professionals come into play; both ongoing oral exams with Dr Wallengren and periodontal therapy by our dental hygienists are fundamental to your oral health. Since the function of your teeth and gums is essential to overall health, these “check-ups” also support patients’ well-being – beyond the structure and aesthetics of the smile!
Many individuals become like family and refer other family members and friends to us because they trust our team. We get to know them beyond a name. So, we are in the best position to stay on top of any changes that could affect their oral health. Since we know them so well, they appreciate that we ask about how a specific family member is doing or how their specific job or hobby is coming along. We love this aspect of working within an industry where you have so many opportunities to make a positive difference in peoples’ lives.
We strive to avoid unpleasant surprises by being upfront and clear in explaining all their treatment options and associated expenses. If you have dental benefits, we work to maximize your coverage, submit claims on your behalf and when possible, limit your out-of-pocket investment.
Dr. Wallengren and our team are happy to highlight a few of the other ways that we are committed to supporting a lifetime of healthy smiles:
- Advanced digital x-rays and cameras to accurately detect problems early when they are easiest to treat (they are also a great educational tool for patients!)
- Digital scans allow us to avoid traditional impressions in most cases.
- 3D Printing allows us to deliver occlusal splints and other materials that are accurate and fast.
- Philips Zoom and Ultradent take-home and in-office whitening products
- Restoration of dental implants, tooth replacement that “mimics” the design of natural teeth
- Airway assessments for patients who are suspected of having conditions such as sleep-disordered breathing and related clenching and grinding of their teeth.
- Oral cancer screenings easily and regularly integrated into preventive check-ups
- Conservative restorations, such as dental inlays and onlays
- Conservative tooth contouring, our sought after aesthetic bonding, and veneers
- Comprehensive Dental Reconstruction when years of damage has led to too much breakdown and a functionally balanced occlusion (bite) needs to be established.
- And much more!
For your convenience, we are also available every day of the business week (Monday – Thursday 7:30 – 4:30, Friday 7:30 – 11:30 by phone). And we encourage you to contact us outside our office hours as needed. We know that emergencies do not “keep” regular business hours! Call us at (410) 431-1868 with questions or to schedule your appointment with Dr. Wallengren at our North Baltimore office in Roland Park.
Dr. Matthew Wallengren is a proponent of quality, comprehensive dental care. It is what he would expect if he were looking for a dentist and is, therefore, what he provides to his patients. His approach is thorough and thoughtful, so nothing is missed by focusing on just one area of the mouth.